- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 13 July 2014
Born in Germany in 1939, son of the late Anna and Friedrich Fritscher, William completed his apprenticeship and earned a degree as a master craftsman of string instruments. He moved to the United States at the age of 21 and pursued his career in Philadelphia working for the Philadelphia Music Co.
He met his wife Jeanette at the Canstatter German Club, and they married in 1963.
Fritscher then worked for Kappa Guitar Co., in Maryland, before accepting a position as plant manager at Guild Music in Westerly in 1971. He held this position until his retirement. He took great pride in growing the company and considered his employees family. He was well known in our industry as an expert at his craft and made custom guitars for many famous musicians over the years.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society , PO Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718, in William's memory.
The family invites insterested parties to leave an online condolence at www.gaffneydolanfuneralhome.com
You may enjoy...
- Gretsch & Bono Partner On Signature Guitar
- Chauvet DJ's 'The World's EZ-est DJ Contest'
- Korg USA to Distribute Dean Markley
- Randy Black Joins Alice Cooper On Tour
- LOUD Appoints Tan Mackie Product Specialist
- Audio-Technica Names New Rep Firm for Southeastern U.S.
- Arturia appoints Goldheim as President, U.S. Operations
- Rolling Stone and D’Addario Announce Next Young Gun Contest Winner