William Fritscher, 75, passed away on July 5, 2104.
Born in Germany in 1939, son of the late Anna and Friedrich Fritscher, William completed his apprenticeship and earned a degree as a master craftsman of string instruments. He moved to the United States at the age of 21 and pursued his career in Philadelphia working for the Philadelphia Music Co.
He met his wife Jeanette at the Canstatter German Club, and they married in 1963.
Fritscher then worked for Kappa Guitar Co., in Maryland, before accepting a position as plant manager at Guild Music in Westerly in 1971. He held this position until his retirement. He took great pride in growing the company and considered his employees family. He was well known in our industry as an expert at his craft and made custom guitars for many famous musicians over the years.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society , PO Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718, in William's memory.
The family invites insterested parties to leave an online condolence at www.gaffneydolanfuneralhome.com
You may enjoy...
- Riversong Guitars at the GRAMMY Awards
- Yamaha Joins Forces with Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation
- TKL Cases Establishes Retailer Support Network
- Fender Tune App for Android
- Danley Installed in Rice University’s Brian Patterson Sports Performance Center
- Grand Opening of Jordan Kitt’s Rockville Showroom and Music Education Center
- Ultimate Ears’ Mike Dias
- R.I.P. Jim Mouradian