Korg USA Inc. congratulates Charlie Bright on his retirement from its Research and Development Division after thirty years of service. For the past twenty years, Bright has served as vice president and general manager of the Korg USA Research and Development Division at its facility in Milpitas, California, where he contributed to some of Korg’s most well-known products such as the M1, T-Series, and the Wavestation.
Bright began at Korg USA as a product engineer and then served as director of Product Voicing, having an impact on many iconic products. He also played a major role in the innovation of products such as the OASYS open architecture workstation, and developed fundamental DSP technologies which have influenced a number of subsequent Korg products, including the Kronos.
Joseph Castronovo, president of Korg USA Inc. stated, “I’ve known Charlie as a dedicated leader who truly exemplifies what the Korg Company is and its culture of producing legendary products for musicians.” He continued on a personal note, “I’ve enjoyed the memories and years working on many projects together. I would like to wish Charlie a great time as he pursues his next phase of life in retirement.”
With the retirement of Charlie Bright, Korg USA announces two promotions within the management of the Korg Research and Development division. Andy Leary will become the general manager of Operations, and will be responsible for the project management and overall operations of Korg Research and Development. Leary, who was previously Sr. DSP Engineer and Algorithm Designer, will also continue his engineering role within the company.
Dan Philips, who was previously a product manager, will become the division’s manager of Product Development. In this new role, he will develop new products and research plans, and work with Korg’s engineering teams to implement these innovative designs.
You may enjoy...
- So Long, 2016, and Thanks for all the... Um... Actually: Good Riddance
- The NAMM Foundation and The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus Announce Winners of Lennon Bus Recording Residency
- Ernie Ball Adds KMC Music to Serve as a United States Distribution Partner
- Chauvet Professional Rogue RH1 Hybrid Illuminates New Zealand Coastline
- D’Addario’s Evans Drumheads Features Omar Hakim Playing UV1 Drumheads
- HW Products Names Klingler Manager of Direct Sales
- Korn Drummer Ray Luzier Relies on Auralex
- Allen & Heath Expands U.S. Marketing Team