Johnny Smith, acclaimed jazz guitarist and MI retailer, passed away on June 12, 2013, less than a month before his 91st birthday.
In 1958, Smith opened The Johnny Smith Music store located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In addition to selling instruments, Smith also taught guitar at the store. During this same time, he recorded the top ten records of his career and appeared on several TV shows and in concert around the world. Smith forged close relationships with many suppliers in the industry, most notably the Fender Musical Instrument Company.
You may enjoy...
- Perry Receives Les Paul Award
- 2017 NAMM Kawai Awards Reception: Kawai Scores Two DCAs
- Eastman Partners with Backun
- New Deal in Place Between Hal Leonard and DW
- FMIC's Norvell at 'pre-NAMM' Get-Together
- Yorkville's Tim Marshall with MMR's Matt King
- ADJ Hires Turner as Regional Sales Manager
- SLM Marketplace Offers Special NAMM 2017 Union Station Promotion