- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 26 June 2013
Johnny Smith, acclaimed jazz guitarist and MI retailer, passed away on June 12, 2013, less than a month before his 91st birthday.
In 1958, Smith opened The Johnny Smith Music store located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In addition to selling instruments, Smith also taught guitar at the store. During this same time, he recorded the top ten records of his career and appeared on several TV shows and in concert around the world. Smith forged close relationships with many suppliers in the industry, most notably the Fender Musical Instrument Company.
You may enjoy...
- GC Opens New Store in Illinois
- PRS Announces Opening of ‘West Street East’ and Start of Factory Tours
- Casio Celebrates 'Music in Our Schools Month'
- Join NAMM’s Music Education Advocacy Efforts on Capitol Hill
- On-Stage Honors the Outstanding Dealers of 2014
- Brent Fitz now using Vater Drumsticks
- Casio Donates Keyboards to Notes for Notes
- Kala to Include MusicNomad Humilele with every Elite Ukulele