- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 26 June 2013
Johnny Smith, acclaimed jazz guitarist and MI retailer, passed away on June 12, 2013, less than a month before his 91st birthday.
In 1958, Smith opened The Johnny Smith Music store located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In addition to selling instruments, Smith also taught guitar at the store. During this same time, he recorded the top ten records of his career and appeared on several TV shows and in concert around the world. Smith forged close relationships with many suppliers in the industry, most notably the Fender Musical Instrument Company.
You may enjoy...
- SLM Acquires Kiwi Wind Products
- DPA Microphones, Lectrosonics, and Sound Devices to Host Regional Sound Summit
- SABIAN Announces 2015 PASIC Scholarship Winner
- Chauvet Enlivens European Elvis Event
- Breedlove Celebrates Left Handed Day
- Newell Named President & General Manager of Gruhn Guitars
- Peavey Enlists Plek for Production of Composite Acoustics
- Imamura Named President of Lowrey