- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 26 June 2013
Johnny Smith, acclaimed jazz guitarist and MI retailer, passed away on June 12, 2013, less than a month before his 91st birthday.
In 1958, Smith opened The Johnny Smith Music store located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In addition to selling instruments, Smith also taught guitar at the store. During this same time, he recorded the top ten records of his career and appeared on several TV shows and in concert around the world. Smith forged close relationships with many suppliers in the industry, most notably the Fender Musical Instrument Company.
You may enjoy...
- Manuel Rodriguez Launches New Website - www.mrguitarras.es
- NAMM Young Professionals NAMM Show Event Features Robin Walenta
- Ashly Audio Appoints Frequency Sales as Regional Sales Rep
- Music & Arts Expands Presence in the Tri-State Area
- Brett Eldredge Performs “Lose My Mind” on Ellen
- CHAUVET Brings the DeLorean DMC-12 Back to the Future
- Kyser Adds Musiquip to U.S. Distribution Team
- Crossover Artist Takes FBT on the Road