- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 26 June 2013
Johnny Smith, acclaimed jazz guitarist and MI retailer, passed away on June 12, 2013, less than a month before his 91st birthday.
In 1958, Smith opened The Johnny Smith Music store located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In addition to selling instruments, Smith also taught guitar at the store. During this same time, he recorded the top ten records of his career and appeared on several TV shows and in concert around the world. Smith forged close relationships with many suppliers in the industry, most notably the Fender Musical Instrument Company.
You may enjoy...
- Hal Leonard Announces Partnership with PraiseCharts
- Free K&K Upgrade on any new Weber Order in August
- GJ2 Guitars Expand OEM Business With Fano Guitars
- Chauvet DJ Halloween Scream Test
- Korg Adds Bingham to Sales Team
- New Appointments at KHS
- NAMM Elects New Executive Committee Member and Positions
- Klops Drums @ SNAMM