Johnny Smith, acclaimed jazz guitarist and MI retailer, passed away on June 12, 2013, less than a month before his 91st birthday.
In 1958, Smith opened The Johnny Smith Music store located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In addition to selling instruments, Smith also taught guitar at the store. During this same time, he recorded the top ten records of his career and appeared on several TV shows and in concert around the world. Smith forged close relationships with many suppliers in the industry, most notably the Fender Musical Instrument Company.
You may enjoy...
- Shure Axient Wireless Management Network Powers the Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay
- Chauvet Celebrates New Facility In Mexico
- D’Addario Sponsors Recycle and Restring Events to Celebrate International Guitar Month and Earth Day
- Music & Arts Announces 'Upgrade Your Sound' U.S. Tour Dates
- LsL Instruments Chooses D’Addario NYXL Strings for Entire Range of Solid Body Electric Guitars
- MusicFirst Partners with Sountrap
- Fred W. Gretsch Visits Hal Leonard
- Musikmesse 2017: Business Academy Inspired by SOMM