- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 26 June 2013
Johnny Smith, acclaimed jazz guitarist and MI retailer, passed away on June 12, 2013, less than a month before his 91st birthday.
In 1958, Smith opened The Johnny Smith Music store located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In addition to selling instruments, Smith also taught guitar at the store. During this same time, he recorded the top ten records of his career and appeared on several TV shows and in concert around the world. Smith forged close relationships with many suppliers in the industry, most notably the Fender Musical Instrument Company.
You may enjoy...
- Breedlove Offers Customizable Instruments
- Audio-Technica Provides Microphone Solutions for 2015 CMA's
- Celebrate Make Music Day on June 21
- Carley Wolf is Latest Silvertone Guitars Artist
- MI Retailers Give Environmentally Sound Business Practices the (Green) Thumbs Up
- New GC in Columbia, S.C.
- Gibson Brands Acquires HarmonyCentral.com
- Drum Workshop’s Chris Lombardi