- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 26 June 2013
Johnny Smith, acclaimed jazz guitarist and MI retailer, passed away on June 12, 2013, less than a month before his 91st birthday.
In 1958, Smith opened The Johnny Smith Music store located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In addition to selling instruments, Smith also taught guitar at the store. During this same time, he recorded the top ten records of his career and appeared on several TV shows and in concert around the world. Smith forged close relationships with many suppliers in the industry, most notably the Fender Musical Instrument Company.
You may enjoy...
- Selling and Producing MI Gear in (and near) the City by the Bay: San Francisco/Bay Area
- Retailers Discuss the State of Print Music Sales in 2015
- KMC Now Sole U.S. Distributor for Paiste America
- The Secret to Success? Adaptability
- Ready for Summer NAMM?
- Korg USA Supports Long Island Cares’ 2015 Initiative
- JodyJazz Completes Major Factory & Office Expansion
- KMC Music Rolls Out 'Back to School Sales Bonanza' Promotion Through July 31st