- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 26 June 2013
Johnny Smith, acclaimed jazz guitarist and MI retailer, passed away on June 12, 2013, less than a month before his 91st birthday.
In 1958, Smith opened The Johnny Smith Music store located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In addition to selling instruments, Smith also taught guitar at the store. During this same time, he recorded the top ten records of his career and appeared on several TV shows and in concert around the world. Smith forged close relationships with many suppliers in the industry, most notably the Fender Musical Instrument Company.
You may enjoy...
- KMC Music is Now Exclusive U.S. Distributor of Rhythm Tech
- Harman Professional’s Scott Robbins
- Keys to Profit in 2015: Technological Innovations and Accessible Price Points Drive the Digital Keyboard Market
- SLM Appoints Dumstorff as Vice President of SLM Marketplace
- Willcox Guitars Adds Anthony Terrezza to Team of Advisory Artists
- Prolight + Sound Shanghai 2015
- Batten Wraps Successful Ash Clinic Tour With TriplePlay
- Broad-range of Activities at Music China Converging Business, Music, and Culture