- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 26 June 2013
Johnny Smith, acclaimed jazz guitarist and MI retailer, passed away on June 12, 2013, less than a month before his 91st birthday.
In 1958, Smith opened The Johnny Smith Music store located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In addition to selling instruments, Smith also taught guitar at the store. During this same time, he recorded the top ten records of his career and appeared on several TV shows and in concert around the world. Smith forged close relationships with many suppliers in the industry, most notably the Fender Musical Instrument Company.
You may enjoy...
- Truetone’s Weil Wins Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- CE Distribution Exclusive Worldwide Distributor of SoZoTM Capacitors
- Breedlove and Bedell Give Guitars Away to Dealers
- Hal Leonard Partners with Loog Guitars for Distribution and Instructional Book and App
- New Fishman Website Goes Live
- On-Stage/TMP Donates NAMM Booth to Rock n Roll Camp LA
- Eastman Music Company named a “Company to Watch” by NAMM U
- SLM Presents 2015 Sales Achievement Awards