Johnny Smith, acclaimed jazz guitarist and MI retailer, passed away on June 12, 2013, less than a month before his 91st birthday.
In 1958, Smith opened The Johnny Smith Music store located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In addition to selling instruments, Smith also taught guitar at the store. During this same time, he recorded the top ten records of his career and appeared on several TV shows and in concert around the world. Smith forged close relationships with many suppliers in the industry, most notably the Fender Musical Instrument Company.
You may enjoy...
- Yamaha Joins Forces with Mr. Holland’s Opus Foundation
- Hal Leonard’s Jahnke Named Senior VP
- Roland Announces Roland Cloud Early Access Beta
- FEEL the RHYTHM Latin Hand Percussion
- Ultimate Ears’ Mike Dias
- R.I.P. Jim Mouradian
- Sweetwater Surpasses 100 Million YouTube Views
- Julia Fischer Joins D’Addario Orchestral Artist Roster