- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 26 June 2013
Johnny Smith, acclaimed jazz guitarist and MI retailer, passed away on June 12, 2013, less than a month before his 91st birthday.
In 1958, Smith opened The Johnny Smith Music store located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. In addition to selling instruments, Smith also taught guitar at the store. During this same time, he recorded the top ten records of his career and appeared on several TV shows and in concert around the world. Smith forged close relationships with many suppliers in the industry, most notably the Fender Musical Instrument Company.
You may enjoy...
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Receives $5 Million Gift from Keith Mardak and Mary Vandenberg
- YCA Names Eaton Chief Marketing Director
- Neutrik USA Appoints Cordova Regional Manager
- Zildjian Present Dealer Award to Dale's Drum Shop; Present Cymbal to Sam Ash Music
- TEC Tracks Amplifies Pro Audio’s Presence at Summer NAMM
- AM&S Names Perales as the Southern California Sales Rep for Allen & Heath
- Fishman Names Townsend To Head Global Retail Sales
- 2015 SBO Essay Contest Winners