Pearl/Adams is recently announced the addition of Dr. Eric Willie to its Concert Percussion Artist Roster. Dr. Willie serves as Associate Professor of Percussion at Tennessee Tech University in Cookeville, Tenn., where he teaches applied percussion, directs the Classical and Pop Percussion Ensembles, and arranges for the TTU Golden Eagle Drum Line. In addition, he serves as President for the Tennessee Chapter of the Percussive Arts Society and as a member of the PAS Education Committee.
Dr. Willie regularly performs with the Nief-Norf New Music Ensemble and the Eclectic Chamber Players, among many others. An avid promoter of new music for percussion, Dr. Willie most recently commissioned and performed the world premiere of John Mackey’s Drum Music (2011). Dr. Willie currently serves as a percussion consultant with the Phantom Regiment Drum and Bugle Corps and has served as instructor and/or arranger for the Spirit of JSU, Southwind, Carolina Crown and the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps, as well as The University of North Texas, University of Kentucky, and the Murray State University Drum Lines. As a clinician, Dr. Willie most recently presented the “New Literature for Percussion Ensemble” session with the TTU Percussion Ensemble at PASIC in Austin, TX.
You may enjoy...
- Museum of Making Music’s Annual Play It Forward Gala
- Zildjian New Gen16 Access Tool
- D’Addario Woodwinds Rebrand Rico and Royal Product Lines
- Documentary Series Ernie Ball: The Pursuit of Tone New Episodes and Industry Buzz
- Chauvet DJ Freedom Par Quad-5 Stars In Ride Along 2
- RPMDA Board Plans 2017 Convention
- NAMM Musikmesse Russia and Prolight+Sound NAMM Russia Announce Music-Filled Forums, Professional Development, and Business Events
- Roland Electronic Percussion Patents Allegedly Infringed by Alesis