- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 27 June 2013
D'Addario & Company, Inc. recently revealed a new organizational structure designed to reinforce the leadership of the company in the face of today’s dynamic and global economy.
The new corporate structure consists of two distinct divisions within the company that will be led by two co-presidents, Rick Drumm and John D’Addario III. This divide-and-conquer strategy will make it possible for both individuals to leverage their experience and strengths, having been with the company for 8 and 17 years respectively.
It will also position the company to take advantage of existing and future growth opportunities for its wide range of products, while simultaneously furthering the succession plan for the next generation of the D’Addario family.
Drumm will now be responsible for all of D’Addario’s percussion brands including Evans, Promark and PureSound, as well as its woodwind accessories line under the Rico brand name. Additionally, Drumm will manage all of D’Addario’s international affiliates, including the activities of their distribution companies based in Canada, UK, Australia and China. Formerly the company’s executive vice president, John D’Addario III will now be responsible for the global supply chain of the company’s musical instrument string manufacturing business, as well as all U.S.-based distribution.
You may enjoy...
- Prolight + Sound Guangzhou Sets 2016 Show Dates & Expands Show’s Scale
- Nadir Saxwinds Celebrates Success of Dave Guardala Reborn Designs
- Reverb Partners with Guitars for Vets
- The Death of Print Music?
- Retailers Discuss the State of Print Music Sales in 2015
- 2015 NAMM D.C. Fly-In: Largest Advocacy Gathering Yet!
- 2015 Annual MPA Meeting
- The Secret to Success? Adaptability