This Memorial Day, Reverb partnered with Guitars for Vets to honor our fallen soldiers by supporting the living veterans.
Guitars for Vets is a non-profit organization that was founded in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 2007. They currently have over 40 chapters in 20 states, with over 150 volunteers nationwide. Guitars for Vets has fulfilled over 20,000 lessons and distributed over 2,000 guitars, free to military veterans.
On Monday, May 25th, 2015, Reverb pledged to donate 5% of their Memorial Day revenue to Guitars for Vets. As an online marketplace for musicians, the Reverb community is comprised of buyers and sellers – many of whom were motivated on Monday to share the cause via social media, encouraging fellow musicians to support Reverb and Guitars for Vets in their Memorial Day shopping endeavors.
In mid-June, Reverb founder David Kalt delivered a check for over $11K to Guitars for Vets co-founder Eric Weinstein, who said, “Many veterans and their families will benefit from this generosity.” While Memorial Day is reserved for those who died in combat, Reverb strongly believes in the mission of Guitars for Vets and the power of music to heal and inspire veterans and military families who have lost so much.
The Guitars for Vets program uses guitar instruction to support veterans struggling with physical injuries, PTSD, and other emotional distress related to their military experiences. Guitars for Vets works through the Department of Veterans Affairs and community medical centers to reach veterans with weekly lessons, monthly group sessions, and other positive human interactions related to music.
You may enjoy...
- Gagliano Joins Cordoba as Director Of Brand Management
- Special FX: Guitar & Bass Stompboxes Take CenterStage
- CPD and Chauvet Professional Team Up for CRUSH Dallas Stage
- Shure Axient Wireless Management Network Powers the Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay
- Eastman Music Company Announces Exclusive Partnership with D'Addario
- LsL Instruments Chooses D’Addario NYXL Strings for Entire Range of Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Momentum Audio Sales Named U.S. Distributor of Ehrlund
- GHS Launches New Line of Shirts