- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 04 July 2013
Yamaha Corporation of America (YCA) has appointed Steven Fisher to the position of marketing manager for electronic drums. His primary responsibility will be to advance the market for the company’s DTX drums and he will report to Athan Billias, director of marketing, Pro Audio & Combo Division at YCA.
Before joining Yamaha, Fisher spent more than 20 years with Roland Corporation U. S., where he held numerous positions in marketing and product development and served as a clinician. Prior to this, he enjoyed an expansive career as a professional musician, performing and recording with Maynard Ferguson, Dizzy Gillespie, Blood, Sweat & Tears, T Lavitz, The Temptations, Natalie Cole, and many television and motion picture productions.
Fisher will work closely with David Jewell, YCA’s acoustic drum marketing manager. Fisher’s arrival helps Yamaha fully realize the One Yamaha program recently implemented for the Yamaha Drums team. In this shared resources initiative, Yamaha’s marketing, artist relations and product development experts work as a cohesive and integrated unit to increase the company’s impact in the marketplace and educational institutions.
You may enjoy...
- GC Pro Appoints Riley Marketing Manager
- Eventide Announces Strategic Partnership with Yamaha
- GC Names Amkreutz Executive Vice President
- 2015 Best Communities for Music Education Survey Now Open
- 2015 Tempe Guitar Show
- Craigie Zildjian to be honored at Winter NAMM She Rocks Awards
- ABACA to Distribute Prodipe in North America
- Peavey Sponsors Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue