- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 04 July 2013
Yamaha Corporation of America (YCA) has appointed Steven Fisher to the position of marketing manager for electronic drums. His primary responsibility will be to advance the market for the company’s DTX drums and he will report to Athan Billias, director of marketing, Pro Audio & Combo Division at YCA.
Before joining Yamaha, Fisher spent more than 20 years with Roland Corporation U. S., where he held numerous positions in marketing and product development and served as a clinician. Prior to this, he enjoyed an expansive career as a professional musician, performing and recording with Maynard Ferguson, Dizzy Gillespie, Blood, Sweat & Tears, T Lavitz, The Temptations, Natalie Cole, and many television and motion picture productions.
Fisher will work closely with David Jewell, YCA’s acoustic drum marketing manager. Fisher’s arrival helps Yamaha fully realize the One Yamaha program recently implemented for the Yamaha Drums team. In this shared resources initiative, Yamaha’s marketing, artist relations and product development experts work as a cohesive and integrated unit to increase the company’s impact in the marketplace and educational institutions.
You may enjoy...
- Chauvet DJ's 'The World's EZ-est DJ Contest'
- The Expendables Return With 2015 Winter Blackout Tour
- Randy Black Joins Alice Cooper On Tour
- Pearl Welcomes Jen Ledger of Skillet
- Audio-Technica Names New Rep Firm for Southeastern U.S.
- Arturia appoints Goldheim as President, U.S. Operations
- JodyJazz Expands Global Reach
- Beatcan.com Retains VittekPR as AOR