- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 04 July 2013
Yamaha Corporation of America (YCA) has appointed Steven Fisher to the position of marketing manager for electronic drums. His primary responsibility will be to advance the market for the company’s DTX drums and he will report to Athan Billias, director of marketing, Pro Audio & Combo Division at YCA.
Before joining Yamaha, Fisher spent more than 20 years with Roland Corporation U. S., where he held numerous positions in marketing and product development and served as a clinician. Prior to this, he enjoyed an expansive career as a professional musician, performing and recording with Maynard Ferguson, Dizzy Gillespie, Blood, Sweat & Tears, T Lavitz, The Temptations, Natalie Cole, and many television and motion picture productions.
Fisher will work closely with David Jewell, YCA’s acoustic drum marketing manager. Fisher’s arrival helps Yamaha fully realize the One Yamaha program recently implemented for the Yamaha Drums team. In this shared resources initiative, Yamaha’s marketing, artist relations and product development experts work as a cohesive and integrated unit to increase the company’s impact in the marketplace and educational institutions.
You may enjoy...
- Veteran Kurzweil Sales & Product Manager Joins AM&S Team
- Manhasset Specialty Names Roberts President and General Manager
- Backun Partners with Sodiam for Exclusive Distribution in China
- Craigie Zildjian Honored at 2015 SheRocks Awards
- Brian Ball Appointed President of Ernie Ball, Inc.
- Gibson Bands Donates $50,000 to Wounded Warrior Project, Hosts Scavenger Hunt to Give Away Over $50,000 Worth of Products
- ROLI Names Stein Head of Sales Americas, Launches Equator Synth
- AES Announces that Avid’s Hernandez, Jr. Will be Keynote Speaker at 57th Intl. Conferene