- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 04 July 2013
Yamaha Corporation of America (YCA) has appointed Steven Fisher to the position of marketing manager for electronic drums. His primary responsibility will be to advance the market for the company’s DTX drums and he will report to Athan Billias, director of marketing, Pro Audio & Combo Division at YCA.
Before joining Yamaha, Fisher spent more than 20 years with Roland Corporation U. S., where he held numerous positions in marketing and product development and served as a clinician. Prior to this, he enjoyed an expansive career as a professional musician, performing and recording with Maynard Ferguson, Dizzy Gillespie, Blood, Sweat & Tears, T Lavitz, The Temptations, Natalie Cole, and many television and motion picture productions.
Fisher will work closely with David Jewell, YCA’s acoustic drum marketing manager. Fisher’s arrival helps Yamaha fully realize the One Yamaha program recently implemented for the Yamaha Drums team. In this shared resources initiative, Yamaha’s marketing, artist relations and product development experts work as a cohesive and integrated unit to increase the company’s impact in the marketplace and educational institutions.
You may enjoy...
- Retailers Discuss the State of Print Music Sales in 2015
- 2015 Annual MPA Meeting
- KMC Now Sole U.S. Distributor for Paiste America
- Fishman and Sam Ash Partner For Jennifer Batten TriplePlay Clinic Tour
- Secretary of Education Riley Headlines, Teachers Honored at Musical Innovations Grand Opening
- New Company Video from DR Strings
- Korg USA Supports Long Island Cares’ 2015 Initiative
- KMC Music Rolls Out 'Back to School Sales Bonanza' Promotion Through July 31st