- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 17 July 2013
“Because set-up time is such a big consideration for us, we were really looking for a cost-effective way to upgrade our old analog system,” says Tim Gentle, the church’s pastor.
Russell noted the system’s user interface as significant upgrade. “Using a touchscreen instead of a lot of knobs and faders was very appealing,” he notes. “The interface sets up an X/Y grid with four adjectives in the corners, and the engineer just drags their finger toward the sound they want—for instance, ‘bright’—and can hear how it changes as they move.”
The music presentation at Calvary Chapel North Jersey is a full contemporary Christian band, with a worship leader and three backing vocalists. Instruments include Roland V-Drums, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, saxophone and percussion. All are easily accommodated by the StageScape M20d mixer’s 20 inputs.
You may enjoy...
- San Diego’s Greene Music CEO to Retire After 60 years
- Eventide Announces Strategic Partnership with Yamaha
- GC Names Amkreutz Executive Vice President
- 2015 Best Communities for Music Education Survey Now Open
- Anthem Musical Instruments To Distribute North Bridge Flutes
- Allen & Heaths Qu Series in Guitar Center
- Grammy-Winning Pastor Chooses Danley
- Peavey Sponsors Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue