“Because set-up time is such a big consideration for us, we were really looking for a cost-effective way to upgrade our old analog system,” says Tim Gentle, the church’s pastor.
Russell noted the system’s user interface as significant upgrade. “Using a touchscreen instead of a lot of knobs and faders was very appealing,” he notes. “The interface sets up an X/Y grid with four adjectives in the corners, and the engineer just drags their finger toward the sound they want—for instance, ‘bright’—and can hear how it changes as they move.”
The music presentation at Calvary Chapel North Jersey is a full contemporary Christian band, with a worship leader and three backing vocalists. Instruments include Roland V-Drums, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, saxophone and percussion. All are easily accommodated by the StageScape M20d mixer’s 20 inputs.
You may enjoy...
- Chauvet Professional Rogue RH1 Hybrid Illuminates New Zealand Coastline
- D’Addario’s Evans Drumheads Features Omar Hakim Playing UV1 Drumheads
- HW Products Names Klingler Manager of Direct Sales
- Korn Drummer Ray Luzier Relies on Auralex
- Allen & Heath Expands U.S. Marketing Team
- Eric Johnson Joins D’Addario Fretted Artist Roster
- KMC Pro Audio Expands Galaxy Audio Product Line
- DPA Microphones Continue to Deliver Sound for Patrick L. Smith