- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 17 July 2013
“Because set-up time is such a big consideration for us, we were really looking for a cost-effective way to upgrade our old analog system,” says Tim Gentle, the church’s pastor.
Russell noted the system’s user interface as significant upgrade. “Using a touchscreen instead of a lot of knobs and faders was very appealing,” he notes. “The interface sets up an X/Y grid with four adjectives in the corners, and the engineer just drags their finger toward the sound they want—for instance, ‘bright’—and can hear how it changes as they move.”
The music presentation at Calvary Chapel North Jersey is a full contemporary Christian band, with a worship leader and three backing vocalists. Instruments include Roland V-Drums, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, saxophone and percussion. All are easily accommodated by the StageScape M20d mixer’s 20 inputs.
You may enjoy...
- Music China - Next Week!
- McGregor, Nord Artist, Tours With Colbie Caillat
- Canada’s Prime Minister Visits Riversong Guitars
- Practically Weightless – The Story of Nashville Customs and Their Carbon Fiber Guitar
- Tom Bedell Speaks Out About Conservation and Forestry Issues
- Sam Ash Hosts Homecoming Clinic for Ministry Guitarist
- Trent Reznor and the Last Days of An Iconic Synthesizer
- Willcox Guitars Adds Anthony Terrezza to Team of Advisory Artists