- Written by Mike Lawson
- Published: 17 July 2013
“Because set-up time is such a big consideration for us, we were really looking for a cost-effective way to upgrade our old analog system,” says Tim Gentle, the church’s pastor.
Russell noted the system’s user interface as significant upgrade. “Using a touchscreen instead of a lot of knobs and faders was very appealing,” he notes. “The interface sets up an X/Y grid with four adjectives in the corners, and the engineer just drags their finger toward the sound they want—for instance, ‘bright’—and can hear how it changes as they move.”
The music presentation at Calvary Chapel North Jersey is a full contemporary Christian band, with a worship leader and three backing vocalists. Instruments include Roland V-Drums, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, saxophone and percussion. All are easily accommodated by the StageScape M20d mixer’s 20 inputs.
You may enjoy...
- Zildjian Sponsors 10th Year of Berklee Artist-in-Residence Program with Aaron Spears
- Grover Pro Announces Partnership With Hammerax
- Omacro Boasts Expanded Features and New Members
- Hal Leonard Hosts John Williams
- NAMM TEC Awards Celebrates 30 Years and Inducts Nathan East & Ed Cherney into Hall of Fame