- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 17 July 2013
“Because set-up time is such a big consideration for us, we were really looking for a cost-effective way to upgrade our old analog system,” says Tim Gentle, the church’s pastor.
Russell noted the system’s user interface as significant upgrade. “Using a touchscreen instead of a lot of knobs and faders was very appealing,” he notes. “The interface sets up an X/Y grid with four adjectives in the corners, and the engineer just drags their finger toward the sound they want—for instance, ‘bright’—and can hear how it changes as they move.”
The music presentation at Calvary Chapel North Jersey is a full contemporary Christian band, with a worship leader and three backing vocalists. Instruments include Roland V-Drums, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, saxophone and percussion. All are easily accommodated by the StageScape M20d mixer’s 20 inputs.
You may enjoy...
- Fishman Awards ESP Guitar to First 35th Anniversary Promo Grand Prize Winner
- Danley Does Good
- CHAUVET Professional Sponsors Seminar at Tabernacle of Praise
- Legendary Drummer and Auralex User Danny Seraphine Hits the Road with HoverDeck v2 Drum Isolation Platform
- Audio-Technica Named Exclusive Microphone and Headphone Category Sponsor for Jam in the Van
- ISP Technologies Installed in New Minor League Baseball Field
- Sabian Education Network Hosts Event at Vic’s Drum Shop in Chicago
- D'Addario Woodwinds Brings Entire Utah Symphony Clarinet Section to Artist Roster