- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 17 July 2013
“Because set-up time is such a big consideration for us, we were really looking for a cost-effective way to upgrade our old analog system,” says Tim Gentle, the church’s pastor.
Russell noted the system’s user interface as significant upgrade. “Using a touchscreen instead of a lot of knobs and faders was very appealing,” he notes. “The interface sets up an X/Y grid with four adjectives in the corners, and the engineer just drags their finger toward the sound they want—for instance, ‘bright’—and can hear how it changes as they move.”
The music presentation at Calvary Chapel North Jersey is a full contemporary Christian band, with a worship leader and three backing vocalists. Instruments include Roland V-Drums, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, saxophone and percussion. All are easily accommodated by the StageScape M20d mixer’s 20 inputs.
You may enjoy...
- Music & Arts Expands Presence in the Tri-State Area
- Guitar Center Donates Instruments for Live Charity Auction
- Brett Eldredge Performs “Lose My Mind” on Ellen
- Aguilar Amplification and DR Strings Announce a Clinic With Bassist Oscar Stagnaro
- Yorkville to Distribute Dynaudio PRO in U.S. and Canada.
- Guitar Center Launches New Website
- Shure Announces Planned Retirement of President & CEO LaMantia, Names Schyvinck as Successor
- Rogues Ride High At Hyde