- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 17 July 2013
“Because set-up time is such a big consideration for us, we were really looking for a cost-effective way to upgrade our old analog system,” says Tim Gentle, the church’s pastor.
Russell noted the system’s user interface as significant upgrade. “Using a touchscreen instead of a lot of knobs and faders was very appealing,” he notes. “The interface sets up an X/Y grid with four adjectives in the corners, and the engineer just drags their finger toward the sound they want—for instance, ‘bright’—and can hear how it changes as they move.”
The music presentation at Calvary Chapel North Jersey is a full contemporary Christian band, with a worship leader and three backing vocalists. Instruments include Roland V-Drums, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, saxophone and percussion. All are easily accommodated by the StageScape M20d mixer’s 20 inputs.
You may enjoy...
- GC Opens New Store in Illinois
- Casio Celebrates 'Music in Our Schools Month'
- Blackburn College Revamps Auditorium with Danley
- World-record Attempt at Musikmesse 2015: 1,000 Drummers Wanted
- Playground Sessions and Yamaha Music Interactive Enter Partnership
- Brent Fitz now using Vater Drumsticks
- Yamaha Appoints Gutwein as Pro Audio & Combo District Manager
- Kala to Include MusicNomad Humilele with every Elite Ukulele