- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 17 July 2013
“Because set-up time is such a big consideration for us, we were really looking for a cost-effective way to upgrade our old analog system,” says Tim Gentle, the church’s pastor.
Russell noted the system’s user interface as significant upgrade. “Using a touchscreen instead of a lot of knobs and faders was very appealing,” he notes. “The interface sets up an X/Y grid with four adjectives in the corners, and the engineer just drags their finger toward the sound they want—for instance, ‘bright’—and can hear how it changes as they move.”
The music presentation at Calvary Chapel North Jersey is a full contemporary Christian band, with a worship leader and three backing vocalists. Instruments include Roland V-Drums, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, saxophone and percussion. All are easily accommodated by the StageScape M20d mixer’s 20 inputs.
You may enjoy...
- PMC Announces Board Appointment of Sarah Hagan, of Zildjian
- Ovation resumes US production in Hartford
- DPA Microphones, Lectrosonics, and Sound Devices to Host Regional Sound Summit
- Ashly Audio Hires Czarnecki as Applications Engineer
- Peavey Electronics Brings Together DJ’s and Innovators at DJ Expo Opening Night Party and Booth
- Stevens Joins Blackstar as Senior Design Engineer
- KMC Appoints New Regional Sales Managers
- Hal Leonard to Distribute Cajón Brush Line