- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 17 July 2013
“Because set-up time is such a big consideration for us, we were really looking for a cost-effective way to upgrade our old analog system,” says Tim Gentle, the church’s pastor.
Russell noted the system’s user interface as significant upgrade. “Using a touchscreen instead of a lot of knobs and faders was very appealing,” he notes. “The interface sets up an X/Y grid with four adjectives in the corners, and the engineer just drags their finger toward the sound they want—for instance, ‘bright’—and can hear how it changes as they move.”
The music presentation at Calvary Chapel North Jersey is a full contemporary Christian band, with a worship leader and three backing vocalists. Instruments include Roland V-Drums, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, saxophone and percussion. All are easily accommodated by the StageScape M20d mixer’s 20 inputs.
You may enjoy...
- Paul McCartney Adopts Avid Everywhere for Historic “Out There” Tour
- SKB Announces New Canadian Partnership
- Hal Leonard to Distribute Apogee Pro Audio Interfaces
- Faber Announces Publishing Partnership with Lang Lang to be Distributed by Alfred
- Hurley and Fender Present ‘Strat: 60 Years of the Stratocaster’
- Zildjian Sponsors 10th Year of Berklee Artist-in-Residence Program with Aaron Spears
- Grover Pro Announces Partnership With Hammerax
- Registration Open for The 2015 NAMM Show