- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 17 July 2013
“Because set-up time is such a big consideration for us, we were really looking for a cost-effective way to upgrade our old analog system,” says Tim Gentle, the church’s pastor.
Russell noted the system’s user interface as significant upgrade. “Using a touchscreen instead of a lot of knobs and faders was very appealing,” he notes. “The interface sets up an X/Y grid with four adjectives in the corners, and the engineer just drags their finger toward the sound they want—for instance, ‘bright’—and can hear how it changes as they move.”
The music presentation at Calvary Chapel North Jersey is a full contemporary Christian band, with a worship leader and three backing vocalists. Instruments include Roland V-Drums, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, saxophone and percussion. All are easily accommodated by the StageScape M20d mixer’s 20 inputs.
You may enjoy...
- Backun Partners with Sodiam for Exclusive Distribution in China
- Chauvet DJ Takes Home Two DCAs
- Peavey Electronics Honored with NAMM Milestone Award
- Gibson Bands Donates $50,000 to Wounded Warrior Project, Hosts Scavenger Hunt to Give Away Over $50,000 Worth of Products
- ROLI Names Stein Head of Sales Americas, Launches Equator Synth
- AES Announces that Avid’s Hernandez, Jr. Will be Keynote Speaker at 57th Intl. Conferene
- Roland Announces Two Major New Appointments
- Focusrite Novation Announces New Appointments