- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 17 July 2013
“Because set-up time is such a big consideration for us, we were really looking for a cost-effective way to upgrade our old analog system,” says Tim Gentle, the church’s pastor.
Russell noted the system’s user interface as significant upgrade. “Using a touchscreen instead of a lot of knobs and faders was very appealing,” he notes. “The interface sets up an X/Y grid with four adjectives in the corners, and the engineer just drags their finger toward the sound they want—for instance, ‘bright’—and can hear how it changes as they move.”
The music presentation at Calvary Chapel North Jersey is a full contemporary Christian band, with a worship leader and three backing vocalists. Instruments include Roland V-Drums, multiple guitars, bass, keyboards, saxophone and percussion. All are easily accommodated by the StageScape M20d mixer’s 20 inputs.
You may enjoy...
- Harmony Project Gets Boost From Yamaha Institute for Mentoring Program
- Cosgrove Added to Korg USA Inc.
- PreSonus Presents 2015 Dealer, Rep, and Distributor Awards at NAMM
- Hosa Technology Names Mainline Marketing as Rep of the Year
- QSC Promotes Mayfield
- Ufip Cymbals Names Davitt & Hanser as USA Distributor
- SKB Names Gatlin Marketing/Media Assistant
- Music & Arts Announces Music Educator of the Year