- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 18 July 2013
A new deal with NewBay Media makes genre-leading magazines – including Bass Player, Electronic Musician, Guitar Aficionado, Guitar Player, Guitar World, Keyboard, Mix, Revolver, and more – exclusively available to the US and Canadian MI trade from Hal Leonard, starting with the current issues of each title.
Headquartered in New York City, NewBay Media is one of the largest providers of music content in the world, reaching more than five million musicians, professionals and enthusiasts each month through a sophisticated platform of magazines, digital and mobile offerings, events and more. Their magazines and websites offer broad-ranging interviews that cover gear, technique, instruments, culture, lessons and lifestyles.
Hal Leonard began distributing magazines in October of 2009, and since then, the business has expanded to nearly 50 titles, including Modern Drummer, Jazz Times, Premier Guitar, Drumhead, Fretboard Journal, Making Music, Christian Musician, and other leading brands. Under the company’s greener, more efficient distribution model, dealers no longer have to return covers and destroy magazines that don’t sell. Instead, the products are theirs to use however they please, in connection with local music education initiatives, for instance.
Hal Leonard will carry nine NewBay Media music magazines in all, including special titles, buyer’s guides and offshoot issues that are produced.
You may enjoy...
- Deering Puts Smile™ On Banjos
- Omnisphere 2 "Wow Moment" Captured
- Fred Gretsch Receives Honorary Degree From Elmhurst College
- The Rolling Stones Presents RS Berkeley Instruments to Students in La Habana, Cuba
- D’Addario Announces Guitar Scholarship Winner: Jeonghun Kang
- Perri’s Summer NAMM 2016 Offers
- CHAUVET’s Nexus Aq 5x5 Lights Lemaitre at Coachella
- New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival Debuts the Yamaha Recording Custom Series Drum Kit