- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 18 July 2013
On August 11th & 12th, Stairway to Stardom, the groundbreaking summer music program founded in 1981 and designed for young musicians, will once again reach its seasons grand finale in Sacramento, California.
14 brand new bands will converge on the historic Crest Theater stage to perform in a family friendly concert. Since the first concert in the Skip’s Music store parking lot 33 years ago, Stairway to Stardom has grown tremendously in the retail music industry, and has paved the way and set the standard for many other rock music camp programs that have followed.
An innovation in music education, Stairway to Stardom is an eight-week music summer rock “camp” designed for young amateur musicians, age 11-18. The program gives participants the chance to write, rehearse, perform, and record music at a professional level. Skip’s Music provides expert coaches, rehearsal space, professional equipment, and recording studio time. The curriculum also includes an invaluable series of seminars hosted by music industry specialists, with topics including performance, songwriting, music business, recording, and collaboration.
To make this year even more special, Skip’s Music is celebrating 40 years in business.
Skip, invites all who have been involved and supported "Stairway" in the past as well as anyone who would to experience this life-changing program. Join industry friends and colleagues at the annual concert followed by a fun day on the green at the legendary Stairway to Stardom golf classic and benefit. For more information, details and registration info, visit: stairwaytostardom.net.
You may enjoy...
- 2015 NAMM D.C. Fly-In: Largest Advocacy Gathering Yet!
- KMC Now Sole U.S. Distributor for Paiste America
- Thunder Road Guitars Takes Seattle By Storm
- Fishman and Sam Ash Partner For Jennifer Batten TriplePlay Clinic Tour
- Secretary of Education Riley Headlines, Teachers Honored at Musical Innovations Grand Opening
- New Company Video from DR Strings
- JodyJazz Completes Major Factory & Office Expansion
- NAMM Foundation Grants $600,000 to Global Nonprofit Music Making and Music Education Programs