- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 18 July 2013
On August 11th & 12th, Stairway to Stardom, the groundbreaking summer music program founded in 1981 and designed for young musicians, will once again reach its seasons grand finale in Sacramento, California.
14 brand new bands will converge on the historic Crest Theater stage to perform in a family friendly concert. Since the first concert in the Skip’s Music store parking lot 33 years ago, Stairway to Stardom has grown tremendously in the retail music industry, and has paved the way and set the standard for many other rock music camp programs that have followed.
An innovation in music education, Stairway to Stardom is an eight-week music summer rock “camp” designed for young amateur musicians, age 11-18. The program gives participants the chance to write, rehearse, perform, and record music at a professional level. Skip’s Music provides expert coaches, rehearsal space, professional equipment, and recording studio time. The curriculum also includes an invaluable series of seminars hosted by music industry specialists, with topics including performance, songwriting, music business, recording, and collaboration.
To make this year even more special, Skip’s Music is celebrating 40 years in business.
Skip, invites all who have been involved and supported "Stairway" in the past as well as anyone who would to experience this life-changing program. Join industry friends and colleagues at the annual concert followed by a fun day on the green at the legendary Stairway to Stardom golf classic and benefit. For more information, details and registration info, visit: stairwaytostardom.net.
You may enjoy...
- Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps Choose Yamaha
- Manuel Rodriguez Launches New Website - www.mrguitarras.es
- Ashly Audio Appoints Frequency Sales as Regional Sales Rep
- Music & Arts Expands Presence in the Tri-State Area
- CHAUVET Brings the DeLorean DMC-12 Back to the Future
- ESP Guitars Holiday Celebration 2015
- Crossover Artist Takes FBT on the Road
- Guitar Center Launches New Website