- Written by Matt Parish
- Published: 22 July 2013
Rock legend Brian May and West End star Kerry Ellis team together for a live performance illuminated with 24 wireless, battery-operated Freedom™ fixtures at the St. Pancras International train station.
To stand tall above crowds of commuters and fans during rush hour, the former Queen guitarist and musical theatre star performed atop a translucent stage known as the Tranzstage. Neatly and strategically placed underneath the stage, 16 Freedom™ Par and 8 Freedom™ Strip Mini wireless wash lights projected a spectrum of light through the transparent base to bathe the dynamic duo in a rainbow of colours. Mr. H Productions provided the stage and lighting, as well as a sound system to rival incoming trains and station announcements.
“We pride ourselves on using the best equipment for the best performers — arranging the Brian May concert was a dream come true,” said Andrew J. Harvey, managing director of Mr. H Productions. “The wireless Freedom™ fixtures were perfect underneath our Tranzstage — they were neat, quick to install and gave us the flexibility to instantly change the color of the entire performance space.”
During this special performance, May and Ellis joined forces with other musicians, artists, authors, conservationists, retailers and members of the public to launch the Tiger Tracks campaign. The campaign, set up by the Born Free Foundation and Environmental Investigation Agency, is designed to raise awareness and increase support of the remaining 3,500 tigers left in the wild.
16 x Freedom™ Par
8 x Freedom™ Strip Mini
You may enjoy...
- The Expendables Return With 2015 Winter Blackout Tour
- Pearl Welcomes Jen Ledger of Skillet
- Audio-Technica Names New Rep Firm for Southeastern U.S.
- Oriolo Guitars Makes $40,000 Instrument Donation to GITC
- Arturia appoints Goldheim as President, U.S. Operations
- Rolling Stone & D'Addario Announce 30 Best Young Guitarists of 2014
- DPA Microphones Appoints New Distributors
- Beatcan.com Retains VittekPR as AOR