- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 25 July 2013
The NAMM Foundation is accepting applications at www.nammfoundation.org for its 2014 President’s Innovation Award to support undergraduate and graduate students pursuing careers in the music products industry.
The cash award supports qualified college students’ travel to attend NAMM’s annual global music products trade show in Anaheim, Calif., Jan. 23-26, 2014. At the show, awardees will be invited to participate in a special collegiate program offering information, mentoring and the opportunity to network with industry laureates and professionals.
Awardees will have the opportunity to visit the more than 1,400 exhibits during the four-day event, representing the product offerings available from the industry’s top-tier global music product manufacturers. They are also encouraged to attend the “Generation Next” program at the NAMM Show, which offers college students seminars, networking and career-ready learning experiences.
“NAMM’s Innovation Award helps students glean the experience to kick off a successful career path in the music-products industry,” said Joe Lamond, president and CEO of NAMM. “The networking opportunities available to students at the NAMM Show and the experience of seeing the music industry in action are unparalleled. We hope this award encourages bright, young minds to become part of a vibrant and exciting industry, fostering its future growth and continuity.
You may enjoy...
- Webb Named Guitar Center President & CEO
- Zonda Launches YouTube Channel
- 2015 Tempe Guitar Show
- Reunion Blues Welcomes Kill Devil Hill Guitarist Mark Zavon
- Anthem Musical Instruments To Distribute North Bridge Flutes
- Allen & Heaths Qu Series in Guitar Center
- SSL Duality at Algonquin College
- Peavey Sponsors Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue