- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 24 September 2013
Jo Edstrom died on Tuesday, September 10th in Winona, Minnesota at the age of 102. She was the widow of Harold “Hal” Edstrom, who co-founded Hal Leonard Corporation in 1947 with his brother Everett “Leonard” Edstrom and Roger Busdicker.
Jo graduated from Winona Senior High School, then from Winona State Teachers College. After graduation, she taught kindergarten in Sioux City, Iowa. In 1938, she married Harold, who preceded her in death in 1996. Everett and Roger passed away in 2000 and 2006, respectively.
Memorial donations in Jo’s name may be made to the Winona Senior High School Hal and Jake Edstrom Music Scholarship, First Congregational Church Winona Organ Fund, Winona Hospice Services, or the Winona State University Hal Leonard Corporation Scholarship.
Words of sympathy or remembrance may be left at www.fawcett-junkerfuneralhome.com.
You may enjoy...
- Blackburn College Revamps Auditorium with Danley
- JHS Honored with Milestone Award
- Join NAMM’s Music Education Advocacy Efforts on Capitol Hill
- World-record Attempt at Musikmesse 2015: 1,000 Drummers Wanted
- Ashly Audio Appoints Sound Directions as Exclusive UK Distributor
- Casio Donates Keyboards to Notes for Notes
- On-Stage honors Kraft Music
- CHAUVET DJ Geyser RGB Adds Impact To Mardi Gras Floats