- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 24 September 2013
Jo Edstrom died on Tuesday, September 10th in Winona, Minnesota at the age of 102. She was the widow of Harold “Hal” Edstrom, who co-founded Hal Leonard Corporation in 1947 with his brother Everett “Leonard” Edstrom and Roger Busdicker.
Jo graduated from Winona Senior High School, then from Winona State Teachers College. After graduation, she taught kindergarten in Sioux City, Iowa. In 1938, she married Harold, who preceded her in death in 1996. Everett and Roger passed away in 2000 and 2006, respectively.
Memorial donations in Jo’s name may be made to the Winona Senior High School Hal and Jake Edstrom Music Scholarship, First Congregational Church Winona Organ Fund, Winona Hospice Services, or the Winona State University Hal Leonard Corporation Scholarship.
Words of sympathy or remembrance may be left at www.fawcett-junkerfuneralhome.com.
You may enjoy...
- Guitar Center, Gibson, Fender Cleared in Price Fix Case
- SABIAN Announces 2015 PASIC Scholarship Winner
- D’Addario Launches Players Circle
- Breedlove Celebrates Left Handed Day
- KMC Appoints New Regional Sales Managers
- Hal Leonard to Distribute Cajón Brush Line
- Newell Named President & General Manager of Gruhn Guitars
- Peavey Enlists Plek for Production of Composite Acoustics