The Deering Banjo Company raised $25,777.68 for charity this summer through the auctioning off of one of a kind Deering Goodtime Gentlemen of the Road banjos signed by Mumford and Sons. A different banjo was made for each Gentlemen of the Road Stopover date, five total, bearing the location’s name as well as signatures from all four members of the band. The money from each auction was donated to a local charity, hand picked by the band for each concert location: Lewes, UK; Simcoe, Canada; Troy, OH; Guthrie, OK; and St. Augustine, FL.
The charities that were donated to were as follows:
The Oyster Project – Lewes, UK
Norfolk Association for Community Living – Simcoe, Canada
Corner Cupboard Charities of Greater Dayton, Inc. – Dayton, OH
Logan Community Services – Guthrie, OK
Communities In Schools of St. John’s County – St. Augustine, FL
Throughout the summer, the Deering Banjo Bus travelled across the country to all of these events and giving free banjo lessons. Currently the BanjoBus is in Raleigh, NC for the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) annual conference and awards show.
You may enjoy...
- Gagliano Joins Cordoba as Director Of Brand Management
- Don’t Fret, but Do Pay Attention
- CPD and Chauvet Professional Team Up for CRUSH Dallas Stage
- Chauvet Celebrates New Facility In Mexico
- NAMM Musikmesse Russia and Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia Return in September
- Chauvet Acquires ChamSys
- Eastman Music Company Announces Exclusive Partnership with D'Addario
- LsL Instruments Chooses D’Addario NYXL Strings for Entire Range of Solid Body Electric Guitars