- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 29 September 2013
The Deering Banjo Company raised $25,777.68 for charity this summer through the auctioning off of one of a kind Deering Goodtime Gentlemen of the Road banjos signed by Mumford and Sons. A different banjo was made for each Gentlemen of the Road Stopover date, five total, bearing the location’s name as well as signatures from all four members of the band. The money from each auction was donated to a local charity, hand picked by the band for each concert location: Lewes, UK; Simcoe, Canada; Troy, OH; Guthrie, OK; and St. Augustine, FL.
The charities that were donated to were as follows:
The Oyster Project – Lewes, UK
Norfolk Association for Community Living – Simcoe, Canada
Corner Cupboard Charities of Greater Dayton, Inc. – Dayton, OH
Logan Community Services – Guthrie, OK
Communities In Schools of St. John’s County – St. Augustine, FL
Throughout the summer, the Deering Banjo Bus travelled across the country to all of these events and giving free banjo lessons. Currently the BanjoBus is in Raleigh, NC for the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) annual conference and awards show.
You may enjoy...
- TMP Names Marshall Senior VIP Sales Account Manager
- Noteflight Announces Expanded Leadership Team
- Alesis Exhibits Latest Electronic Drum Kits
- Korg USA Names Sajeva Director of Technology Brands
- GC Opens New Location in N.Y., Closes Store in Indiana
- Sound Technology’s Wilson Receives MBE
- Yamaha Mourns Loss of Prince
- Jupiter Launches New Website for Educators, Parents, Students and Performers