- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 29 September 2013
The Deering Banjo Company raised $25,777.68 for charity this summer through the auctioning off of one of a kind Deering Goodtime Gentlemen of the Road banjos signed by Mumford and Sons. A different banjo was made for each Gentlemen of the Road Stopover date, five total, bearing the location’s name as well as signatures from all four members of the band. The money from each auction was donated to a local charity, hand picked by the band for each concert location: Lewes, UK; Simcoe, Canada; Troy, OH; Guthrie, OK; and St. Augustine, FL.
The charities that were donated to were as follows:
The Oyster Project – Lewes, UK
Norfolk Association for Community Living – Simcoe, Canada
Corner Cupboard Charities of Greater Dayton, Inc. – Dayton, OH
Logan Community Services – Guthrie, OK
Communities In Schools of St. John’s County – St. Augustine, FL
Throughout the summer, the Deering Banjo Bus travelled across the country to all of these events and giving free banjo lessons. Currently the BanjoBus is in Raleigh, NC for the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) annual conference and awards show.
You may enjoy...
- KMC Now Sole U.S. Distributor for Paiste America
- Thunder Road Guitars Takes Seattle By Storm
- Fishman and Sam Ash Partner For Jennifer Batten TriplePlay Clinic Tour
- Secretary of Education Riley Headlines, Teachers Honored at Musical Innovations Grand Opening
- New Company Video from DR Strings
- KMC Music Named Exclusive U.S. Distributor of Supro
- Drum Guru Releases Hit Like A Girl Lesson Pack
- Korg USA Supports Long Island Cares’ 2015 Initiative