Since D’Addario’s acquisition of Rico in 2004 it has always been the company’s goal to respect and improve upon the legacy of the Rico brand; this will never change. However, to ensure that the more advanced player has a brand that he or she feels is a greater reflection of their ability, D’Addario introduces their digitally generated, professional quality reeds and mouthpieces as D’Addario branded woodwind products.
Moving forward, there will be two brands to cater to the woodwind world’s diversified needs. Rico will continue to stand as the consummate brand for new and young players. The D’Addario brand will serve as a breath of fresh, innovative air in the industry.
“Thanks to recent technological breakthroughs in science, married with a whole new level of refined craftsmanship,” comments Jim D’Addario, CEO, “the D’Addario brand promises to inspire a whole new generation of intermediate and professional players.”
“We are committed to systematically re-inventing our current range of products,” affirms D’Addario Woodwinds’ Product Manager, Robert Polan. “Furthermore, we’re dedicated to developing exciting new product additions.”
The company’s highly acclaimed Reserve mouthpiece has already been rebranded as a D’Addario product. Coming soon, digitally Re-mastered Reserve Classic Bb clarinet reeds will be the first production series made exclusively with D’Addario’s new proprietary digital process and will also bear the D’Addario brand name.
Visit www.daddario.com/woodwinds to learn more.
You may enjoy...
- Museum of Making Music’s Annual Play It Forward Gala
- Zildjian New Gen16 Access Tool
- D’Addario Woodwinds Rebrand Rico and Royal Product Lines
- Documentary Series Ernie Ball: The Pursuit of Tone New Episodes and Industry Buzz
- Chauvet DJ Freedom Par Quad-5 Stars In Ride Along 2
- RPMDA Board Plans 2017 Convention
- NAMM Musikmesse Russia and Prolight+Sound NAMM Russia Announce Music-Filled Forums, Professional Development, and Business Events
- Roland Electronic Percussion Patents Allegedly Infringed by Alesis