Aguilar Amplification and Fodera Guitars recently hosted a jazz bassist Tony Grey. Grey is renowned for his melodic style of playing as well as his versatility as an accompanist. In addition to his four releases as a bandleader - including his most recent album 2013’s Elevation - Grey has recorded and/or performed with Hiromi, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter and Tomoyasu Hotel.
Grey is also an avid educator with numerous books and clinics to his credit. He has successfully launched an online course called the Tony Grey Bass Academy. For this clinic, Tony brought special guests – keyboardist Cliff Barnes and drummer David Throckmorton – to demonstrate the interplay between improvising musicians and developing a groove within this format. The event was held at the Aguilar Artist Loft in New York City on September 25. All proceeds from tickets sales went directly to benefit Little Kids Rock.
You may enjoy...
- Klotz Appoints Forward Tech U.S. as Partner for the U.S. Market
- Yamaha Names Winners of Nationwide Competition
- D’Addario Announces Third Season of “Guitar Power”
- Avid Announces Release of New Book
- Korg Names Witt Product Marketing Manager
- David Perrico Creates Signature Horn With Phaeton
- Korg USA Announces New U.S. Merchandise Sites for Korg, VOX and Blackstar
- SLM and Alvarez Announce Winner of $10,000 Custom Yairi Guitar