Aguilar Amplification and Fodera Guitars recently hosted a jazz bassist Tony Grey. Grey is renowned for his melodic style of playing as well as his versatility as an accompanist. In addition to his four releases as a bandleader - including his most recent album 2013’s Elevation - Grey has recorded and/or performed with Hiromi, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter and Tomoyasu Hotel.
Grey is also an avid educator with numerous books and clinics to his credit. He has successfully launched an online course called the Tony Grey Bass Academy. For this clinic, Tony brought special guests – keyboardist Cliff Barnes and drummer David Throckmorton – to demonstrate the interplay between improvising musicians and developing a groove within this format. The event was held at the Aguilar Artist Loft in New York City on September 25. All proceeds from tickets sales went directly to benefit Little Kids Rock.
You may enjoy...
- Gagliano Joins Cordoba as Director Of Brand Management
- Hamer Guitars Returns
- Musikmesse Unveils New ‘Discover Music’ Area
- Shure Axient Wireless Management Network Powers the Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay
- DJ Oliver Heldens Named Brand Ambassador and Product Consultant at Denon DJ
- Chauvet Acquires ChamSys
- LsL Instruments Chooses D’Addario NYXL Strings for Entire Range of Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Momentum Audio Sales Named U.S. Distributor of Ehrlund