KMC has announced that vice president of Merchandising Roger Hart has been appointed to serve a two-year term as president of the Music Distributors Association (MDA). The appointment occurred on January 18, 2017 at the Music Distributors Annual “Show & Tell Day” that took place in Anaheim on January 17, 2017 at NAMM.
"The music industry, like every specialist industry in the country today, is being challenged to innovate the ways in which they serve their customers," Hart said today. "The Music Distributors Association accepts this challenge and, in fact, sees it as an opportunity to reinvent the distributor's business model in exciting new ways. I look forward to working with our membership as President, and I thank everyone for their support in asking me to serve as President.”
Hart has served as Vice President of Merchandising at KMC since 2012, and, in fact, has been with the company for 25 years. He began his career in 1993 as an Inside Sales Representative in the call center, and has since held various positions including Purchasing Agent, Purchasing Manager, Genz Benz Product Manager, Accessories Product Manager and Director of Merchandising.
The Music Distributors Association is an international, non-profit trade association representing and serving manufacturers, wholesalers, importers and exporters of musical instruments and accessories, sound reinforcement products and published music. Through programs and events such as the MDA Exhibition & Consultation Day (also known as “Show & Tell” Day), which is held biannually in conjunction with NAMM, the MDA has been helping the businesses of its members and the music industry experience incredible growth since 1939.
You may enjoy...
- Kickstarter Launched for New Loog Pro and Loog Mini Guitars
- SLM to Distribute Warwick Music Group Instruments
- Peavey Sponsors First Annual Decibel Metal & Beer Fest
- Music & Arts Opens Colorado Springs Store
- Avid Announces Release of New Book
- Korg Names Witt Product Marketing Manager
- Eastman School of Music and Yamaha Partner to Support Future Arts Leaders
- Korg USA Announces New U.S. Merchandise Sites for Korg, VOX and Blackstar