This announcement came from Reiff Lorenz, CEO of The Lorenz Corporation and Dale Mathews, senior vice president of WMCR.
Formerly the print music division of Word Entertainment, WMCR provides printed music, accompaniment tracks, and other worship resources to churches and consumers for use in personal and corporate worship, missions, education, and beyond. The WMCR catalog includes thousands of choral and instrumental titles by well-known composers including Cliff Duren, Bradley Knight, J. Daniel Smith, Jay Rouse, Daniel Semsen, David T. Clydesdale, Lari Goss, and many more. WMCR was previously a joint venture between Warner Music Group and Curb Records.
Lorenz has been fulfilling orders for WMCR since mid-December, when the companies announced a distribution agreement. WMCR will retain its existing team in Nashville, Tennessee, and their sales representatives will continue to serve customers from that location.
Dale Mathews said “We are thrilled to announce that Lorenz is the new parent company of Word Music & Church Resources. Lorenz is a company that already feels like family to us. They truly know and understand the print music industry, and they share our vision of creating music that serves the church. We see it as a great vote of confidence that they have decided to keep our team located in Nashville. It is the perfect environment for what we do best—creating new contemporary evangelical church market products.”
“This is a perfect fit between two leaders in the print music industry,” said Reiff Lorenz. “We have the warehouse space, production capacity, and industry connections. WMCR needed a new parent company and was outsourcing manufacturing and distribution. The more we talked, the better the pieces seemed to fit, and we are excited to welcome them into our family.”
You may enjoy...
- Vandoren Adds McAllister to Artist Roster
- FMIC’s Justin Norvell
- Shure Axient Wireless Management Network Powers the Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay
- DJ Oliver Heldens Named Brand Ambassador and Product Consultant at Denon DJ
- Chauvet Celebrates New Facility In Mexico
- D’Addario Sponsors Recycle and Restring Events to Celebrate International Guitar Month and Earth Day
- Eastman Music Company Announces Exclusive Partnership with D'Addario
- LsL Instruments Chooses D’Addario NYXL Strings for Entire Range of Solid Body Electric Guitars