The award was presented on January 20, 2017, in Anaheim, California, as part of the annual winter NAMM Trade Show. One of the most prestigious and recognized events honoring women in the music industry today, the She Rocks Awards pay tribute to women who display leadership and stand out within the music industry. Previous award recipients include female industry leaders Chaka Khan, Sheila E, Colbie Caillat, The Bangles, Mary Peavey and many more. This year’s honorees included guitarist Lita Ford, singer Ronnie Spector (of Ronnie and the Ronettes), Monique Boyer (Artist Relations at MAC Cosmetics) and others. A complete list of this year’s She Rocks winners is available at www.thewimn.com/events/she-rocks-awards/.
The She Rocks Awards featured performances by several top female artists, a celebrity-laden red carpet, a silent auction and of course, awards honoring accomplished women in the music industry. The Awards annually bring together over 750 industry professionals, tastemakers, celebrities, musicians, educators and media for a one-of-a-kind event that celebrates women in music.
“The 2017 awards marked our 5th anniversary,” notes Laura B. Whitmore, founder of the Women’s International Music Network. “Each year, the She Rocks Awards pay tribute to ground-breaking women in the music industry both on stage and behind the scenes. There has been tremendous support for the awards and it has proven to be a fun and meaningful event for many women in the industry.”
You may enjoy...
- Tracy Hoeft Of Michael Kelly Guitars
- Don’t Fret, but Do Pay Attention
- Musikmesse Unveils New ‘Discover Music’ Area
- Shure Axient Wireless Management Network Powers the Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay
- Yamaha ‘Mad T Party’ Guitar Auction Raises $9,000 for Music Education
- DJ Oliver Heldens Named Brand Ambassador and Product Consultant at Denon DJ
- Music & Arts Announces 'Upgrade Your Sound' U.S. Tour Dates
- Chauvet Acquires ChamSys