Jim Mack has joined the Ashly Audio team in Webster, New York as CEO. He will help expand business in existing markets and forge paths into new markets that leverage Ashly’s history and reputation for building affordable, high-quality amplifiers, signal processors, and user interfaces.
Mack will report directly to Marty Szpiro, president & CEO of Jam Industries, Ashly’s parent company.
“On top of being a great person to work with, Jim has a depth and breadth of experience that makes him a real asset to Ashly, especially at this moment in Ashly’s history,” explained Szpiro. “He has proven people and recruiting skills, and a tactician’s instinct for the right moves at the right times. Ashly is an essential and strategic asset in Jam Industries’ portfolio, and we’re thrilled to have Jim on the Ashly team.”
Mack began his career in the mid-1980s as a sales rep for Sound Marketing, a position he held for a decade before transitioning to management-level positions in Alesis (VP of Sales and Marketing), TASCAM (General Manager), SaneWave (VP of Sales and Business Development), and TEAC AMERICA (Executive Vice President). In addition, he served as CEO at PreSonus for seven years.
“With the full backing and blessing of Jam Industries, I’m looking forward to growing Ashly by taking it in new directions and by growing its share in existing markets,” said Mack. “Jam is one of the best companies in the industry and has an excellent record of finding great people and then stepping back to let them do what they do well. Ashly has a great brand. It’s one of the old, iconic brands that has held strong for decades. Indeed, Ashly’s stable, passionate, and talented team was a big draw for me. They’ve done fabulous things with the company, and I’ll add to their strengths, not change them. I’m especially excited to work with Mark [Wentling], whom I’ve known for a while.” Wentling will remain as Ashly’s president.
You may enjoy...
- Vandoren Adds McAllister to Artist Roster
- Gagliano Joins Cordoba as Director Of Brand Management
- Shure Axient Wireless Management Network Powers the Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay
- Yamaha ‘Mad T Party’ Guitar Auction Raises $9,000 for Music Education
- D’Addario Sponsors Recycle and Restring Events to Celebrate International Guitar Month and Earth Day
- NAMM Musikmesse Russia and Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia Return in September
- Chauvet Acquires ChamSys
- Eastman Music Company Announces Exclusive Partnership with D'Addario