Executives, management, and staff at the Korg USA Inc. Melville, NY headquarters participated in Long Island’s largest Casual Friday to help Long Island Cares (LI Cares) raise $50,000 to assist neighbors in need.
Each staff member made a monetary donation and wore shorts to work on Friday, June 12, 2015 as part of “Who Needs Pants? Day”.
LI Cares is one of the region’s most comprehensive hunger assistance organizations, serving thousands of individuals and families in need. Their mission is to bring together all available resources for the benefit of the hungry on Long Island. LI Cares provides food when and where it’s needed, sponsors programs that promote self-sufficiency and educates the public about the causes and consequences of hunger on Long Island.
Korg USA’s CFO Diana Cecchini serves on Long Island Cares’ Board of Directors and shared; “I’m so proud that my co-workers are always ready to participate and support initiatives that will benefit Long Island Cares’ mission to provide nutritional food and support services for a network of more than 580 community-based agencies, food pantries, emergency shelters, child care programs, veterans’ services programs and more. Something as simple as wearing shorts to work starts a conversation and brings more awareness to the issues of hunger in our area.”
You may enjoy...
- Billboard Premieres New Stronger Than video for Ernie Ball PARADIGM Strings
- Guitar Center Named BCA 10 Honoree
- Kickstarter Launched for New Loog Pro and Loog Mini Guitars
- Music & Arts Opens Colorado Springs Store
- Evans and Promark by D’Addario Announce BYOS Tour Dates
- Klotz Appoints Forward Tech U.S. as Partner for the U.S. Market
- Yamaha Names Winners of Nationwide Competition
- Moogfest Reveals Final Additions to Lineup