He met with the 50-person sales department to provide a historical overview of his family’s business that started in 1883 and which he bought back from Baldwin in 1985. Mr. Gretsch also spent time with the marketing team from Hal Leonard to discuss long-term planning.
Hal Leonard Vice President - MI Products, Brad Smith, commented, “We are well aware of the American legacy being entrusted to us and are honored that Mr. Gretsch would come visit us to share his stories and expertise about the drum market. Hal Leonard is also a family-founded business so we truly value the importance and significance of that history and want to make sure we keep that central to our marketing.”
Fred Gretsch commented, “We believe in partnering with the best companies in the industry who share the goal of making a more musical world. Hal Leonard definitely is a perfect fit for us and we can’t wait to get started. Go, team!”
Hal Leonard was appointed the exclusive distributor of the Gretsch series by Drum Workshop, Inc., at the Winter NAMM show. In addition to the Gretsch Renown, Catalina, and Energy lines, Hal Leonard will also be distributing Gibraltar Hardware, CB Percussion, Percussion Plus, and KAT Electronic Drums for DW.
Any retailers interested in ordering these DW brands can call the Hal Leonard E-Z Order Line at 1-800-554-0626.
You may enjoy...
- Vandoren Adds McAllister to Artist Roster
- Tracy Hoeft Of Michael Kelly Guitars
- CPD and Chauvet Professional Team Up for CRUSH Dallas Stage
- Musikmesse Unveils New ‘Discover Music’ Area
- Music & Arts Announces 'Upgrade Your Sound' U.S. Tour Dates
- NAMM Musikmesse Russia and Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia Return in September
- LsL Instruments Chooses D’Addario NYXL Strings for Entire Range of Solid Body Electric Guitars
- Momentum Audio Sales Named U.S. Distributor of Ehrlund