- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 28 January 2014
After 71 years, Dowling Music, a comprehensive sheet music store in Houston, Texas, is closing at the end of this week.
Houston-born concert pianist Richard Dowling purchased the operation in 2008 with his partner, James Li. The couple opened an additional Dowling Music store in NYC’s Steinway Hall that closed in April, 2012.
The pair lost their investment in the NYC store after JDS Development bought Steinway Hall to convert it into a hotel.
"The sale of Steinway Hall to JDS Development is part of the reason why we're going out of business," Dowling told The Houston Chronicle. "Because Jim and I lost half of our income, we saw that it was time for us to move on."
You may enjoy...
- NAMM Young Professionals NAMM Show Event Features Robin Walenta
- Ashly Audio Appoints Frequency Sales as Regional Sales Rep
- Guitar Center Donates Instruments for Live Charity Auction
- Aguilar Amplification and DR Strings Announce a Clinic With Bassist Oscar Stagnaro
- Hal Leonard to Distribute Grundorf Cases
- Crossover Artist Takes FBT on the Road
- Guitar Center Launches New Website
- Audio Source, Inc. adds Madlener to Sales Force