- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 28 January 2014
After 71 years, Dowling Music, a comprehensive sheet music store in Houston, Texas, is closing at the end of this week.
Houston-born concert pianist Richard Dowling purchased the operation in 2008 with his partner, James Li. The couple opened an additional Dowling Music store in NYC’s Steinway Hall that closed in April, 2012.
The pair lost their investment in the NYC store after JDS Development bought Steinway Hall to convert it into a hotel.
"The sale of Steinway Hall to JDS Development is part of the reason why we're going out of business," Dowling told The Houston Chronicle. "Because Jim and I lost half of our income, we saw that it was time for us to move on."
You may enjoy...
- Eminence Adds Neves to International Sales Team.
- Audio-Technica Supports Nashville Engineer Relief Fund
- Neutrik USA Appoints Cordova Regional Manager
- D'Addario Woodwinds Artist Wins WGI Winds Division
- TEC Tracks Amplifies Pro Audio’s Presence at Summer NAMM
- Under the Stage with Wicked’s Chris Jago
- Fishman Names Townsend To Head Global Retail Sales
- Marshall USA Seeks Regional Business Managers