- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 28 January 2014
After 71 years, Dowling Music, a comprehensive sheet music store in Houston, Texas, is closing at the end of this week.
Houston-born concert pianist Richard Dowling purchased the operation in 2008 with his partner, James Li. The couple opened an additional Dowling Music store in NYC’s Steinway Hall that closed in April, 2012.
The pair lost their investment in the NYC store after JDS Development bought Steinway Hall to convert it into a hotel.
"The sale of Steinway Hall to JDS Development is part of the reason why we're going out of business," Dowling told The Houston Chronicle. "Because Jim and I lost half of our income, we saw that it was time for us to move on."
You may enjoy...
- Ibanez and Paul Stanley Reunite
- Korg USA to Distribute Dean Markley
- Audio-Technica Names New Rep Firm for Southeastern U.S.
- Slash to Receive Les Paul Award at NAMM TEC Awards
- Oriolo Guitars Makes $40,000 Instrument Donation to GITC
- Rolling Stone and D’Addario Announce Next Young Gun Contest Winner
- Rolling Stone & D'Addario Announce 30 Best Young Guitarists of 2014
- JodyJazz Expands Global Reach