- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 28 January 2014
After 71 years, Dowling Music, a comprehensive sheet music store in Houston, Texas, is closing at the end of this week.
Houston-born concert pianist Richard Dowling purchased the operation in 2008 with his partner, James Li. The couple opened an additional Dowling Music store in NYC’s Steinway Hall that closed in April, 2012.
The pair lost their investment in the NYC store after JDS Development bought Steinway Hall to convert it into a hotel.
"The sale of Steinway Hall to JDS Development is part of the reason why we're going out of business," Dowling told The Houston Chronicle. "Because Jim and I lost half of our income, we saw that it was time for us to move on."
You may enjoy...
- Deering Puts Smile™ On Banjos
- Omnisphere 2 "Wow Moment" Captured
- Fred Gretsch Receives Honorary Degree From Elmhurst College
- The Rolling Stones Presents RS Berkeley Instruments to Students in La Habana, Cuba
- D’Addario Announces Guitar Scholarship Winner: Jeonghun Kang
- Perri’s Summer NAMM 2016 Offers
- CHAUVET’s Nexus Aq 5x5 Lights Lemaitre at Coachella
- New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival Debuts the Yamaha Recording Custom Series Drum Kit