- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 28 January 2014
After 71 years, Dowling Music, a comprehensive sheet music store in Houston, Texas, is closing at the end of this week.
Houston-born concert pianist Richard Dowling purchased the operation in 2008 with his partner, James Li. The couple opened an additional Dowling Music store in NYC’s Steinway Hall that closed in April, 2012.
The pair lost their investment in the NYC store after JDS Development bought Steinway Hall to convert it into a hotel.
"The sale of Steinway Hall to JDS Development is part of the reason why we're going out of business," Dowling told The Houston Chronicle. "Because Jim and I lost half of our income, we saw that it was time for us to move on."
You may enjoy...
- Taking JodyJazz to Cuba
- AES Announces Dates, Committee Members for 141st Convention in L.A.
- TMP Names Marshall Senior VIP Sales Account Manager
- Noteflight Announces Expanded Leadership Team
- Alesis Exhibits Latest Electronic Drum Kits
- Korg USA Names Sajeva Director of Technology Brands
- GC Opens New Location in N.Y., Closes Store in Indiana
- Sound Technology’s Wilson Receives MBE