- Written by Christian Wissmuller
- Published: 28 January 2014
After 71 years, Dowling Music, a comprehensive sheet music store in Houston, Texas, is closing at the end of this week.
Houston-born concert pianist Richard Dowling purchased the operation in 2008 with his partner, James Li. The couple opened an additional Dowling Music store in NYC’s Steinway Hall that closed in April, 2012.
The pair lost their investment in the NYC store after JDS Development bought Steinway Hall to convert it into a hotel.
"The sale of Steinway Hall to JDS Development is part of the reason why we're going out of business," Dowling told The Houston Chronicle. "Because Jim and I lost half of our income, we saw that it was time for us to move on."
You may enjoy...
- Manhasset Specialty Names Roberts President and General Manager
- Hal Leonard Deal with G-Technology Has Huge Capacity for Success
- Backun Partners with Sodiam for Exclusive Distribution in China
- Mary Luehrsen - 2015 Don Johnson Industry Service Award Winner
- ROLI Names Stein Head of Sales Americas, Launches Equator Synth
- Ashly Audio Appoints Leslie Executive VP
- Roland Announces Two Major New Appointments
- Wenger Names Jollay VP of Marketing and Product Development