Kai Hattendorf, recently appointed to head up a reshaped Musikmesse is leaving the show organiser after only two months in charge.
He has been appointed MD of the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry (UFI) and will leave Messe Frankfurt in the autumn.
“We would like to congratulate UFI on their choice. Kai Hattendorf is an outstanding communication and digital expert with detailed knowledge of the international fair and exhibition industry”, said Wolfgang Marzin, President and Chief Executive Officer of Messe Frankfurt.
Stepping into the breach, Stephan Kurzawski has assumed responsibility for the Entertainment, Media & Creation Business Unit with the Musikmesse and Prolight & Sound fairs in addition to his responsibilities as senior vice president of Messe Frankfurt Exhibition.
Hattendorf will continue to work with the Musikmesse team on the restructuring of Musikmesse and Prolight & Sound until he leaves later in the year.
The change come after the departure of the popular Cordelia von Gymnich earlier this year amid wholesale changes to the format of Musikmesse to include consumer opening on all days, plus the addition of a dedicated trade hall. Next year’s show will occupy Halls 8.0, 9.0, 9.1, 10.2, 11.0 and 11.1, as well as the Portalhaus and Galleria buildings.
You may enjoy...
- MONO Launches Direct Dealer Program in U.S.
- FMIC’s Justin Norvell
- Special FX: Guitar & Bass Stompboxes Take CenterStage
- Hamer Guitars Returns
- Musikmesse Unveils New ‘Discover Music’ Area
- D’Addario Sponsors Recycle and Restring Events to Celebrate International Guitar Month and Earth Day
- Music & Arts Announces 'Upgrade Your Sound' U.S. Tour Dates
- NAMM Musikmesse Russia and Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia Return in September