Daisy Rock and Alfred Music have ended their long-standing distribution agreement.
The deal ended at the beginning of this month and in the UK is highly unlikely to be renewed, with Alfred UK selling through the existing stock but not reordering.
Alfred UK chief, Andrew Higgins, said: "We took it on because it wasn't a success in the UK with other people and because our US partners were doing it and we wanted to support them. The opportunities to expand it aren't really the same if we haven't got the group support anymore. It's our intention to sell off what we've got, but we won't renew. Unless of course Daisy Rock come up with a new deal that suits us."
"I am so grateful for my time at Alfred Music,” said Daisy Rock founder and president Tish Ciravolo. "Ron Manus really understood my mission to get more girls to play guitar and enjoy music. And, the Manus's always made me feel like I was part of their family.
"The next phase of Daisy Rock Guitars will be the most exciting and I am searching for a partner that understands just how successful we can become. My vision for the future is world domination… Think about it: Every day another girl wants to learn how to play guitar and our goal is to ensure that her first guitar will be a Daisy Rock Guitar. It should the only guitar she knows because we are the only girl guitar company in the world.
“And now that Daisy Rock Guitars is 16 years old, we hear the awesome stories of, ‘I started on a Daisy Rock and now it is the only guitar I ever will play.’ Our new strategic partner should be one that can help us build this outreach to all the girls worldwide searching for her new or her next Daisy Rock Guitar.”
You may enjoy...
- Avid Announces Various Innovations for NAB
- Kickstarter Launched for New Loog Pro and Loog Mini Guitars
- Peavey Sponsors First Annual Decibel Metal & Beer Fest
- D’Addario Announces Third Season of “Guitar Power”
- Avid Announces Release of New Book
- Korg Names Witt Product Marketing Manager
- RS Guitars’ Founder Receives Honorary Doctorate from Washington College
- SLM and Alvarez Announce Winner of $10,000 Custom Yairi Guitar