Avid has released Sibelius First 8, the “lite” version of the music composition and notation software.
The new version offers numerous innovations, including flexible cloud subscription options as well as timesaving features and software improvements. Integrated into Avid Everywhere, Sibelius First 8 expands the firm’s growing portfolio of solutions leveraging cloud software delivery and application management.
Available as a subscription or perpetual license, Sibelius First 8 features many of the same composition tools and is built on the same foundation as the full, professional version.
“The continued innovation of Sibelius First demonstrates Avid’s commitment to offering customers even greater choice and flexibility, and giving composers of all levels access to the world’s best music composition and notation software,” said Dana Ruzicka, Vice President and Chief Product Officer at Avid. “With its industry-leading updates, Sibelius First 8 enables music writing enthusiasts and beginners to use the same tools as the world’s greatest professional composers.”
The new version of Sibelius First is now available as a monthly or annual subscription, or can be purchased outright. Customers who own any previous version of Sibelius First, Student, Instrumental Teacher Edition, or G7, can upgrade to Sibelius First 8 at the special low price of $39 through 31st December, 2016.
- Direct access to foundational composition tools without advanced workflows found in the full version of Sibelius makes it easier for beginners to immerse themselves in creating without the distractions of high-level features.
- Expressive playback with Espressivo 2 captures every nuance and cadence, providing a rich, full sound that’s more cohesive and natural. The updated interface and support for high-resolution Windows displays allows users to see every detail of their compositions clearly.
- Many of the same enhancements and improvements found in the full version of Sibelius are included in the update, including new keyboard shortcuts, compatibility with the latest Mac and Windows operating systems, a new Application Manager and over 200 software improvements.
- With an updated interface, users can see every detail of their score, and gain faster access to the features they need most with new and improved icons.
- Optimised for the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet, users can now add and edit notes quickly with just the tap of a pen, as well as play music in real time using the software’s onscreen keyboard and fretboard.
- Users can quickly zoom in and out of a score when working on a laptop with a trackpad or using a Surface Pro 3 using a simple pinch-zoom gesture, making navigation and editing easier.
You may enjoy...
- Roland and RYSE UP Partner for Discovery Series
- Billboard Premieres New Stronger Than video for Ernie Ball PARADIGM Strings
- GC Debt Raises Concerns
- Kickstarter Launched for New Loog Pro and Loog Mini Guitars
- SLM to Distribute Warwick Music Group Instruments
- Hal Leonard Announces Josh Bess Webinar Series
- SJP Productions and ChamSys Host Drone Race
- Avid Announces Release of New Book