Yamaha has invested in its first Indian manufacturing plant in Chennai.
The company has signed up for a 28-acre plot on the city outskirts to set up a facility which is expected to start production in 2019. The plant may also make musical components such as piano parts and digital systems. It will be the first in India for Yamaha, which has seven similar facilities in Indonesia, the most recent of which saw an investment of $43m.
You may enjoy...
- FMIC’s Justin Norvell
- Tracy Hoeft Of Michael Kelly Guitars
- Special FX: Guitar & Bass Stompboxes Take CenterStage
- CPD and Chauvet Professional Team Up for CRUSH Dallas Stage
- Musikmesse Unveils New ‘Discover Music’ Area
- Yamaha ‘Mad T Party’ Guitar Auction Raises $9,000 for Music Education
- DJ Oliver Heldens Named Brand Ambassador and Product Consultant at Denon DJ
- NAMM Musikmesse Russia and Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia Return in September