Yamaha has invested in its first Indian manufacturing plant in Chennai.
The company has signed up for a 28-acre plot on the city outskirts to set up a facility which is expected to start production in 2019. The plant may also make musical components such as piano parts and digital systems. It will be the first in India for Yamaha, which has seven similar facilities in Indonesia, the most recent of which saw an investment of $43m.
You may enjoy...
- Avid Announces Various Innovations for NAB
- Peavey Sponsors First Annual Decibel Metal & Beer Fest
- Music & Arts Opens Colorado Springs Store
- Klotz Appoints Forward Tech U.S. as Partner for the U.S. Market
- Yamaha Names Winners of Nationwide Competition
- Avid Announces Release of New Book
- Moogfest Reveals Final Additions to Lineup
- Korg USA Announces New U.S. Merchandise Sites for Korg, VOX and Blackstar