Aquila has released its first ever signature set of ukulele strings, endorsed by Hawaiian virtuoso, Aldrine Guerrero.
The set has been designed by Aquia Corde Armoniche and Guerrero who is also the founder of Ukulele Underground, the world's biggest Internet Ukulele community.
The project, was born as a joke between Aquila Corde Armoniche and Aldrine during a video interview for Ukulele Underground at the 2015 NAMM show.
“The set has been developed by Mimmo Peruffo, Aquila’s owner and Aldrine Guerrero,” said Gianluca Dal Bianco director of sales and marketing at Aquila Corde. “Since then, probably undermining some poor delivery guy’s mental stability, a continuous back and forth of strings via mail from Italy to Hawaii has been necessary to build up a custom-made strings set suitable with Aldrine’s unique playing; - This is our strength, we are string makers and we work with musicians in an old fashion way.”
“Aldrine is a very sensitive and accurate musician, his obsession for the A string gauge tells you a lot on the player sensibility; So far, one of the highest quality strings set for Ukulele the company has never released”
Ukulele Underground was created in 2007 with the purpose of helping to grow the next generation of ukulele players throughout the world and now boasts more than 180,000 subscribers on YouTube.
The set, made of a special light green mint coloured Nylon is available in a unique degree of tension for tenor size Ukulele only through the usual Aquila’s network distribution channel.
You may enjoy...
- Kickstarter Launched for New Loog Pro and Loog Mini Guitars
- SLM to Distribute Warwick Music Group Instruments
- Hal Leonard Announces Josh Bess Webinar Series
- Klotz Appoints Forward Tech U.S. as Partner for the U.S. Market
- Avid Announces Release of New Book
- David Perrico Creates Signature Horn With Phaeton
- 2017 County Music Awards Uses Digital 6000 System from Sennheiser
- RS Guitars’ Founder Receives Honorary Doctorate from Washington College