First Place for Jazz is a comprehensive jazz curriculum by noted educator, Dean Sorenson. Suitable for group or individual instruction, the book is divided into three sections by key: Concert Bb, F, and Eb. Within each section, the major, Mixolydian, Dorian, and blues scales and correlated chords of the key are introduced through aurally-presented Jazz Starters that prepare students to perform twelve original grade 1-2 Jazz Ensemble Charts and Lead Sheets.
Spotlights assist students in developing the instrument-specific skills necessary for each chart and lead sheet. A robust set of multimedia resources, including videos and instrument-specific recordings, are included.
You may enjoy...
- Gagliano Joins Cordoba as Director Of Brand Management
- FMIC’s Justin Norvell
- Tracy Hoeft Of Michael Kelly Guitars
- CPD and Chauvet Professional Team Up for CRUSH Dallas Stage
- Yamaha ‘Mad T Party’ Guitar Auction Raises $9,000 for Music Education
- DJ Oliver Heldens Named Brand Ambassador and Product Consultant at Denon DJ
- Music & Arts Announces 'Upgrade Your Sound' U.S. Tour Dates
- NAMM Musikmesse Russia and Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia Return in September