First Place for Jazz is a comprehensive jazz curriculum by noted educator, Dean Sorenson. Suitable for group or individual instruction, the book is divided into three sections by key: Concert Bb, F, and Eb. Within each section, the major, Mixolydian, Dorian, and blues scales and correlated chords of the key are introduced through aurally-presented Jazz Starters that prepare students to perform twelve original grade 1-2 Jazz Ensemble Charts and Lead Sheets.
Spotlights assist students in developing the instrument-specific skills necessary for each chart and lead sheet. A robust set of multimedia resources, including videos and instrument-specific recordings, are included.
You may enjoy...
- Avid Announces Various Innovations for NAB
- Kickstarter Launched for New Loog Pro and Loog Mini Guitars
- Peavey Sponsors First Annual Decibel Metal & Beer Fest
- Hal Leonard Announces Josh Bess Webinar Series
- Yamaha Names Winners of Nationwide Competition
- Avid Announces Release of New Book
- Korg Names Witt Product Marketing Manager
- SLM and Alvarez Announce Winner of $10,000 Custom Yairi Guitar