Radial Engineering Ltd. Announced the North-Star, a combination overdrive and power booster, is now shipping.
The North-Star’s overdrive is designed to be very responsive and capture the pick attack and dynamics of the player. With its versatile tone-shaping features, players can adjust the sonic characteristics of the North-Star to suit their playing style.
The North-Star is equipped with a separate boost circuit that provides up to 24dB of clean gain to the signal. Activating the boost circuit engages a separate effects loop, allowing the player to connect other pedals for easy transitions from rhythm to lead tones. As the North-Star is a true-bypass pedal, the effects loop can also be used to remove noisy, tone sucking pedals from the signal chain. Even when the boost level is turned all the way down, pedals in the effects loop will still be activated when engaging the boost channel.
Powered by any standard 9V power supply, the North-Star is a dynamic, responsive overdrive built in a tough, pedalboard- friendly 14-gauge steel chassis. MAP: $169.99
You may enjoy...
- Sweetwater Donates $20,000 to Music Education Film
- Billboard Premieres New Stronger Than video for Ernie Ball PARADIGM Strings
- Audix Named Microphone Sponsor of Vans Warped Tour 2017
- Avid Announces Various Innovations for NAB
- Kickstarter Launched for New Loog Pro and Loog Mini Guitars
- Peavey Sponsors First Annual Decibel Metal & Beer Fest
- Evans and Promark by D’Addario Announce BYOS Tour Dates
- SJP Productions and ChamSys Host Drone Race