PRS Guitars is offering a small batch of Reclaimed Limited CE 24 Semi-Hollow and S2 Vela Semi-Hollow guitars that showcase two exotic wood species new to PRS: Peroba Rosa and Brauna Preto.
This reclaimed wood is typically more than 100 years old. PRS Guitars Senior Wood Manager, Michael Reid, sourced these woods from old buildings, noting that their density, unique aesthetic, and history would lend them to guitar making.
Peroba Rosa, typically used as siding, was selected for the top wood. The density of this wood combined with the semi-hollow body construction gives the Reclaimed Limited CE24 Semi-Hollow and S2 Vela Semi-Hollow a unique sound that is punchy but also warm and full. Brauna Preto, typically used as the supporting posts of these old buildings, is used for the fretboards due to its tight-grain and sustain. These guitars are finished in natural satin nitro. Any nail holes and any wear or discoloration have been left in the top wood to showcase its history.
Production on these guitars will be capped at approximately 600 instruments, but the order window for Authorized PRS Dealers is from March 9 – April 30, 2017 only.
You may enjoy...
- Sweetwater Donates $20,000 to Music Education Film
- Avid Announces Various Innovations for NAB
- Kickstarter Launched for New Loog Pro and Loog Mini Guitars
- Music & Arts Opens Colorado Springs Store
- Evans and Promark by D’Addario Announce BYOS Tour Dates
- Klotz Appoints Forward Tech U.S. as Partner for the U.S. Market
- Yamaha Names Winners of Nationwide Competition
- Moogfest Reveals Final Additions to Lineup