The SYSTEM-8 delivers a wide range of sounds inspired by over four decades of Roland synths. To complement its internal sound engine, the SYSTEM-8 can host and control up to three Roland PLUG-OUT software synthesizers, and new JUPITER-8 and JUNO-106 PLUG-OUTs are included with purchase. Optional PLUG-OUTs such as the SH-2, SH-101, PROMARS, and others will be supported as well. The synth includes an array of hands-on controls, as well as a polyphonic step sequencer, vocoder, CV/GATE outputs, arpeggiator, and other creative tools.
It is designed to easily integrate into a music production environment. The synth functions as a USB audio/MIDI interface for a DAW, and the 49 full-size keys (with velocity) provide a keyboard for recording MIDI tracks. There’s also a control surface mode for using the SYSTEM-8’s knobs, sliders, and buttons with soft synths. The SYSTEM-8 is equipped with CV/GATE outputs, enabling a user to send note/pitch data from the synth engine and step sequencer to trigger modular synths and vintage analog gear.
You may enjoy...
- Don’t Fret, but Do Pay Attention
- Musikmesse Unveils New ‘Discover Music’ Area
- Yamaha ‘Mad T Party’ Guitar Auction Raises $9,000 for Music Education
- Chauvet Celebrates New Facility In Mexico
- D’Addario Sponsors Recycle and Restring Events to Celebrate International Guitar Month and Earth Day
- NAMM Musikmesse Russia and Prolight + Sound NAMM Russia Return in September
- Eastman Music Company Announces Exclusive Partnership with D'Addario
- LsL Instruments Chooses D’Addario NYXL Strings for Entire Range of Solid Body Electric Guitars