The Martin Ukulele is a detailed look at the ukuleles built by the C. F. Martin Co. and at how the instruments' success forever changed the company that made them. Martin's ukulele making led the small, respected builder of fine guitars and mandolins into an era of unprecedented growth in the 1920s and helped it become one of the most notable manufacturers of high-quality guitars in the world. Drawing heavily from the extensive archives at the Martin factory, the authors examine the company and its development, featuring production records, sales ledgers, and a vast collection of correspondence as well as hundreds of photos, including pictures of many of the rarest ukuleles the company produced.
Extensive additional imagery chronicles the history of the popularity of the ukulele itself. Retail price: $30.
You may enjoy...
- Sweetwater Donates $20,000 to Music Education Film
- Guitar Center Named BCA 10 Honoree
- Avid Announces Various Innovations for NAB
- Kickstarter Launched for New Loog Pro and Loog Mini Guitars
- Peavey Sponsors First Annual Decibel Metal & Beer Fest
- Music & Arts Opens Colorado Springs Store
- Hal Leonard Announces Josh Bess Webinar Series
- Yamaha Names Winners of Nationwide Competition